I have been a fan of the retail site Quince since it launched its beta version under the name Last Brand in 2019. They become Quince in 2020 and the site has been gaining steam ever since as their dedicated followers (like me!) continue to spread the word.
They continue to grow their product line and currently offer clothing (men’s, women’s, and kids), home goods (bedding, linens, rugs, kitchen items, pillows, drapes, general decor, pets), accessories (jewelry, sunglasses, socks, hats, tech gear) and travel items (suitcases, bags, organizers).
Quince follows a manufacturer-to-consumer model – no warehouse or middleman – in order to keep prices down. My leather purse shipped from Florence and my towels arrived from Turkey. Their prices are transparent, showing their markups, and each product has a grid that shows their price vs. competitors’ prices of similar items. They often appear to take the most popular products of popular brands and knock them off at a fraction of the price without a huge quality sacrifice. The Somerset dress that we love for $150+ at Anthro is $69 at Quince. That popular Jenni Kayne $500 cocoon sweater is $129 at Quince. If you need more reasons to try them out, also know that they have free shipping and a 365-day return policy (and you make returns via your mailbox, not FedEx or UPS).
If you like lots of color and pattern, however, Quince is not the place for you! They are primarily about basics in solid, neutral colors, except for their kids’ clothing options which offer some patterns.
If you’ve never bought from them before I’d just buy an assortment of things in a couple of sizes to see what you like/fits you as it’s just SO EASY to return things here. Start with the $50 Cashmere Sweater and the $49 Cotton Fisherman Crewneck sweater or Cotton Boyfriend Crewneck sweater at a minimum!
In looking back at my order history I was sort of shocked by how many items I’ve tried. I think it’s probably the top retailer I purchase from for myself and for my family/gifts. Here are some of their top sellers that I have tried and loved over the past 5 years as well as some of their best-selling products I have not yet tried.
Quince offers all sorts of women’s clothing, including tops, dresses, sweaters, outerwear, shapewear, swimwear, activewear, loungewear and more. Here are just some sweater and dress options that I’m most familiar with.
They are known for their cashmere, which is 100% Grade-A Mongolian 12 gauge cashmere. Mine has held up well over the years, but one or two sweaters have pilled a bit, as many brands tend to do (even my $$ Vince cashmere sweater has pilled a ton). But overall I think it’s great quality for the price. I don’t have super high-end cashmere to compare it to, like the Jenni Kayne option, but for me, the extra $350 it would cost to buy the Jenni Kayne version wouldn’t be worth it for me. But yes, I’d bet that the Jenni Kayne is probably a higher quality cashmere.
- $50 cashmere crewneck sweater that comes in 18 colors is apparently one of their most popular items. I have this sweater in beige and it’s a great lightweight cashmere that can be worn on its own, over a tee, or under a blazer or jacket. It’s held up really well. I sized up for a roomier fit but otherwise, it runs true to size.
- Mongolian Cashmere Fisherman Pullover Hoodie – This is a cozy option and I found that it runs a bit short so I upsized to get the right length. It’s roomy and not fitted and has a ‘medium thickness’ feel to it that’s a somewhat loose weave. It’s more of a ‘casual weekend with jeans cozy’ sweater.
- Mongolian Cashmere Fisherman Cropped Cardigan Sweater – This one runs wide and I downsized, and it is still loose fitting. I like the length and it’s the same ‘medium thickness’ that the pullover version has.
- Mongolian Cashmere Batwing Sweater – I’ve had this one in gray for maybe 3 years and I’ve worn it a ton. A nice thin cashmere.
- Mongolian Cashmere Boyfriend Cardigan Sweater – This is one of their best sellers – the Jenni Kayne dupe – but I’m short and it’s too long/ too much material for me so I returned it. Better for a taller person.
- Mongolian Cashmere Full-Zip Hoodie – I gave my sister one for Christmas one year and she seemed to like it.
- Mongolian Cashmere Crewneck – Another of their super popular options but I haven’t tried it. Thicker cashmere than the $50 option.
- Cashmere Tee – I have not tried this best-selling $45 cashmere tee, but it comes in 14 colors and looks like a great one.
- 100% Organic Cotton Boyfriend Crew Sweater – This is $49, comes in 11 colors, and is an awesome sweater. Everyone I know who has this sweater (including me) loves it. I have had my navy one for maybe 3 years and it’s held up great! It is a tight-knit heavy cotton weight that hangs really well (a bit longer in the back), is the right length, and feels great on. If you are to try only one thing at Quince it should be this (or the Cotton Fisherman Crewneck sweater) or the $50 cashmere sweater!
- They have a ton of other cotton sweater options, but I just haven’t tried them.
- 100% Organic Cotton Tiered Maxi Dress. This is the one that’s like the popular Anthro Somerset dress. I didn’t keep it as I had an Anthro one already, but it’s a great thick cotton and I wish I’d bought this one before the Anthro one.
- Washable Stretch Silk Tiered Maxi Dress – This is the ‘stretch silk’ version of the one above which I have in navy and have worn a lot. It is a lightweight, very packable material and it’s one I have worn with sneakers and a jean jacket or dressed it up with heels and a wrap. Super versatile.
- 100% European Linen Short Sleeve Swing Dress. I have this dress in both black and green from a year or two ago and they are my go-to summer dresses because they are not too short, they are loose and good for hot weather and travel, and they look a bit more polished/expensive than a basic linen dress due to the pleats they have in front. Jo took two dresses to Venice this past summer and this was one of them!
- Japanese Damascus Steel 8″ Chef’s Knife – I got this for my son who likes to cook for Christmas last year and he loves it.
- Turkish Spa Bath Towels (Set of 2). Good quality towels – thick but not TOO thick. They also have a thinner/faster drying option as well as waffle towels. I have the bathmats as well but those tend to slide around too much on the floor for my liking. Their baby bath towel bundle would make a great baby gift!
- Mongolian Cashmere Throw – I have given this as a gift a few times. Super soft.
- Croissant Ring – I gave this to my mother-in-law for Christmas last year and she seemed happy with it!
- Diamond Huggie Earring – My friend’s college-age daughter has these (sold individually so good if you have an extra piercing you can buy just one) and LOVES them.
- Italian Leather Crossbody Bag – I have had this for 3 years or so and love it (style has changed slightly since I got mine). It’s a perfect size as you can wear it during the day or to dinner. Great quality leather.
- Italian Pebbled Leather Belt Bag – Have also had this for a few years (style has changed slightly since I got mine) and have gotten a ton of use out of it.
- Sunglasses – One of my kids bought this pair last week and is loving them and the price.
I have gifted my husband and kids activewear items from Quince and they are very similar to Vuori or Lululemon in style/design. They also sell everything else from cashmere to outerwear – just browse through the men’s section here. A few of their best sellers include:
- Flowknit Polo
- Performance Short
- Flowknit Performance Tee
- 5 Pocket Pants
- Mongolian Cashmere Beanie – makes a great gift for $50 for man or woman
Things I’m curious to try:
- Travel: Their suitcases look very similar to Away’s popular options, but I’m using my Away now so haven’t had the need to replace it!
- Outerwear: Their leather jackets all look great, such as this suede option that has great reviews and comes in multiple colors. As does this chore jacket.
Whew! You can see they have a lot. Hope that this has given you an idea of what Quince is all about and if you need some good quality, low-priced basics you will check them out!
We welcome you to check out all of our women’s clothing lists on our site here.