Who doesn’t love a Feel-Good Movie!? Whether you are looking for a pick-me-up when feeling down, comfort for a cozy night with friends or family, or a a great solo relaxation for a rainy Sunday afternoon, these movies make you feel that all is well in the world and that there are happy endings and, often, true love. Here are each of our Fab 5 lists of Feel-Good Movies.
- The Devil Wears Prada – Meryll Streep is perfection. “That’s All!”.
- Love Actually – Who can resist this movie – at Christmas or anytime!
- The Princess Bride – Our family’s favorite. Hands down.
- Forrest Gump – Tom Hanks at his finest.
- Bridesmaids – Laugh out-loud funny girl power.
Crazy Rich Asians – Fluff that makes you laugh.
Hunt for the WilderPeople – Sleeper hit for those who like dry humor. Set in New Zealand. Another family favorite in our house.
- You’ve Got Mail – Remember AOL?
- The Parent Trap – Twins separated at birth meet at Summer camp 12 years later and decide to switch identities and continents to reunite their families.
- The Holiday – Los Angeles and bucolic England unite for a holiday house swap.
- The Sound of Music – How do you solve a problem like Maria?
- Waking Ned Devine – Small-town Ireland scams the lottery.
Moneyball – Who doesn’t love an underdog baseball story?
A League of their Own – “There’s no crying in baseball!”
Working Girl – “Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn’t make me Madonna. Never will.”
Check out all our movie recs here.