Gift-giving is an art. I have one friend who always knows the perfect, creative, and wonderful thing to give as a gift. To me, it reflects that she really put thought and care into it, whether it was $5 or $50, and it makes me feel good. Apparently, gift-giving is one of my ‘love languages’! My husband does not have gifting as one of his love languages and is more of the ‘go out holiday shopping on Dec 24th’ type of guy. So I guess it takes all kinds. But in any case, it’s hard to come up with unique gifts for a variety of people in our life. I have three adult sons and find that gifts for men are especially difficult, and I am always looking for ideas and inspiration for them.
So here are our Fab5 unique gifts for a variety of people in our life.
- Husband/Pet Owner: My husband has loved the paintings of our dogs that I’ve had made for him. They have a pop-art feel. You choose the colors and Laura works with you to get it perfect!
- Traveler/Graduate: These personalized luggage tags are great looking, affordable, and unique. You need to allow time to get them personalized.
- Girlfriend: Depends on your price point of course, but Scout bags are stylish, durable, and can be used by anyone.
- Girlfriend – group gift: A Clare V. bag makes a great group gift. The Sac Bretelle is a great crossbody that can be worn with any outfit, and the Moyen Messenger is also a great choice. For a nice group gift of jewelry, you can often find great deals for jewelry on The Real Real, and another spot I love for beautiful jewelry is Rocks With Soul. Anyone would also love one of these SO comfy blankets that are heavy, but not too heavy. It’s the blanket that’s always reached for first in my house.
- Mother-in-law: The best present I ever got my mother-in-law, which she wears every day, is a small silver charm bracelet with a charm for each of her grandchildren. This is also a good group gift for a girlfriend with her children’s names on it.
- Daughter: My daughter always loves items personalized with her monogram. Past gifts have included air pod cases, credit card cases, passport holders, and luggage tags. Depending on age and preference, you can do a traditional monogram or lately, graffiti initials have been popular.
- Father-in-law: Fleece monogrammed blankets for watching TV and napping. I like to personalize these with nicknames, funny sayings, or favorite sports teams – get creative!
- Nieces/Nephews: Who doesn’t love Uber? I love gifting these gift cards because they can be used for transportation or Uber eats, the food delivery service.
- Mother: Custom Calendar. My mom loves her monthly calendar so I make one for her every year with family photos. It doesn’t take long to upload the images and it gives her month after month of memories.
- Sister: My sister has informed me that her gifts must be edible, drinkable, or slatherable. For slatherable, I like to give Ahava Mineral Body Lotion. It is a treat and smells super fresh and clean. The body wash is also a favorite!
Check out all our Gift Lists here!