We understand that most couples getting married have an on-line registry where they request everything from dishes to contributions toward their honeymoon or even a new couch. However, sometimes everything on the registry has been purchased or you may choose to go off-registry for a shower, wedding, or engagement gift. Maybe it’s a couple who already has all the basics or a special friend for whom you want to do something different. Here are our Fab5 suggestions for non-registry wedding gift ideas.
- The Wonder Oven. Move over air fryer, there is a new appliance in town from Our Place, who makes one of our favorite pans! It’s a 6-in-1 air fryer and toaster oven with steam infusion. It’s small enough to fit on your countertop but big enough to roast a chicken. It can air fry, bake, roast, toast, reheat, and broil, preheats 75% faster than a regular oven and cooks up to 30% faster. For under $200. What newlywed wouldn’t want that!
- Airbnb Gift Card: Give the couple some downtime! Who doesn’t love a weekend away, and after planning and executing a wedding who wouldn’t appreciate a gift card for a weekend away. You could also combine it with a gift card for an experience of their choosing (Skydiving? Helicopter ride?) which would make for a really special getaway.
- Away Carry-On Suitcase: This is our favorite carry-on suitcase and it will last the couple for many trips to come. You could even get two if you’re feeling generous, or opt for a medium or large one that both could use on a trip. Or, let them pick it out with an Away gift card and add one of these fun and useful personalized luggage tags.
- Bluetooth Wireless Meat Thermometer. This is a new popular tool in our household and is something the couple probably does not already have. No more having to open the oven or bbq to check the temp of meats on thermometers that are hard to read or often don’t work well. Get the temp on your phone to cook your meal perfectly every time. They will think of you every Thanksgiving turkey day!
- Photo Album of the Wedding: Yes, they will have an official photographer. But if you are attending various events leading up to the wedding why not put your photo skills to use and take good candid shots throughout all the events? Then, quickly make a photobook that’s waiting for them when they return from their honeymoon. Their official photos won’t be back for a while, so they’ll enjoy a more personal, quickly-produced version as much as the professional one.
- Tiffany. This is my go-to gift because who doesn’t love getting that pretty blue box? Glassware or a beautiful, personalized bottle opener will be memorable gifts. I’m still using some of my Tiffany wedding gifts 32 years later and I remember fondly the gift-givers every time I use them.
- Big Wooden Salad Bowl: One of our favorite wedding gifts was a super large, wooden salad bowl given to us by my husband’s step-sister. Made in Vermont, expertly crafted, and still in constant use after 32 years. We even travel with it (when we are driving) because small salad bowls are very frustrating! When not holding salad, it’s also useful for fruit, potato chips, and many other items.
- Ice Bucket. For some reason, I don’t see this on many registries, and boy, is it handy! This Yeti one is amazing and very utilitarian. This Simon Pearce ice bucket is gorgeous and they also have this beautiful pitcher and these classic hurricanes.
- Personalized items. Mark & Graham has great personalized items for the lucky couple. This big bowl is handy for lots of things or have fun personalizing this tray – put the wedding location and date, the couple’s initials or nicknames – go crazy! Personalized LL Bean Tote Bags would also be a fun gift or even a personalized wicked cozy blanket.
- Subscription. Give the gift that keeps on giving! It could be a quarterly Whiskey delivery or a monthly delivery of bacon, bread, cheese, or olive oil (just to name a few) from Zingermans, the famous Ann Arbor, Michigan deli. Whatever the couples’ passions, there are subscriptions out there to fit their fancy!