Today and tomorrow, July 11/12, is Amazon Prime Day. Love it or hate it, we all use Amazon (except our friend Katie F. who says she has NEVER ordered from Amazon?!!). Prime Day offers some great deals, whether you’re looking to stock up on basics or get that ‘something special’ that goes on deep discount. Our issue in writing this ahead of Prime Day though (so we can post it on Prime Day) is that we are not sure exactly which items will be included in the sale! So we are going to let you know some of our favorite Amazon items, and hopefully, you can search around for the one that is on sale if our link takes you to one that isn’t! We’ll also update links as the sale gets underway!
You have to be an Amazon Prime member to enjoy these deals! You can sign up for a free trial membership.
My friend Jill who lives across the street knows how much I rely on Amazon…as she is my primary witness to the Amazon drop-offs on my front doorstep! It is just so darn easy as things arrive before I would have even made it to the store. For my Fab5 items, I’ve tried to put together a combo of one-time purchases that will be on sale with Prime Day, as well as everyday items to stock up on.
- Appliances: Dyson Cordless Vac. I love this vacuum and it’s 20% off. It makes it so easy to quickly pick up anything on hardwood or carpet. It isn’t cheap, but it is great. I got mine on a Black Friday deal and went with the ‘Animal’ one given our dogs and their hair. No regrets about this purchase! It’s also a great gift for someone just moving into their first house or apartment. Also, our favorite Air Fryer is 25% off during Prime Day!
- Breville Milk Foamer: I know I’ve written about this before…but I’m putting it here as it’s JUST THAT GOOD and if you can get a deal on it then this is the time to hit the buy button. If you are about the foam in your coffee or chai, this is for you! I’m not a coffee person, but my husband swears by his Nespresso Machine.
- Beauty Products: The wonderful Laneige Lip Mask is on great discount – it’s popular for a reason! Sunday Riley’s great CEO GLOW Face Oil is on sale as well – worth grabbing. Shampoo & Conditioner. I use two different brands…neither of which is cheap. Prime Day is the day to stock up. The first is Olaplex, which has a lot of different products in their ‘system’ but the shampoo and conditioner are my go-to items. If you’ve been wanting to try it – now is the time! The other brand is Matrix Biolage and the big bottles of shampoo and conditioner can be decanted as needed for travel, other bathrooms (my kids steal it from me), etc. And if you’ve been curious about trying the ‘internet famous’ Baby Foot Foot Peel, now is the time!
- If you want any Amazon electronic products such as a Kindle or a Fire Tablet, Prime Day is the time to snag one at a significant discount!
- Other electronic items are also great on Prime Day. Need a deal on AirTags along with with discounted ‘keychain’ holders for them to pop in your luggage for your summer travels so you don’t lose your bag? Or some AirPod wireless headphones for the flight? Or the amazing wireless Bose headphones are a great deal today! And how ’bout an Apple Watch??
Like many of you, I have a love-hate relationship with Amazon. I ordered 20 copies of Stanley Tucci’s great book, Taste, a few Christmases ago and opened my front door to a tower of 20 boxes – one book per box. I felt very environmentally naughty. But, I like instant gratification and I really love Prime with its free shipping, speedy deliveries, and great deals at Whole Foods. Sometimes I order from Amazon in the morning and a package arrives at my door in the afternoon. I don’t know how they do it, but I love that they do! Here are some categories of items for which I rely on Amazon:
- Office Supplies. I’m an office supply junkie. The Office Max near me was torn down and the nearest one is a long drive away so Amazon is fabulous. From my stand-up desk and phone stand to this spinning supply organizer for my favorite Flair pens, I rely on Amazon for my supply fix. Oh, I also buy my blue light-blocking readers there!
- Party Supplies. When my mom turned 95 last summer, Amazon delivered the hard to find age-related swag! They had “95” garland, cups, plates, and more, green visors for our bingo tournament, and cake candles in all denominations. Regardless of the event, Amazon has a great supply of party supplies and party favors that are nice to have on hand for your next event.
- Vitamins. I’ve been on a bit of a health kick lately and Amazon has an incredible array of vitamins, most of which ship much more quickly (and free with Prime) than from the manufacturer. You can also subscribe to your regulars for peace of mind and some subscription savings. I enjoy Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D.
- Bath & Beauty. When I stumble upon something highly recommended online, it is way too easy to place a quick Amazon order and give it a try! I’ve found some of my favorite items this way, like Elta tinted moisturizer, Joah mascara, bath salts, sunscreen, and bath gel.
- Heavy Items. I’m getting old and lazy! If I can avoid carrying cases of our favorite drink, big bags of dog food, laundry detergent, and other heavy items, I am going to have them delivered to my front door!! Most of these oft-used items can be bought on subscription for further savings!